Prosoft PLX82 ProfiNet PNPN and Ethernet/IP CLX

einnh

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am trying to setup communication between two Siemens PNPN couplers and a CLX on Ethernet/IP.

I have deployed a Prosoft PLX82 gateway to handle the translations but am having issues setting up the data portion. Is anyone here familiar with this device?

I need to read 16 bytes and write 16 bytes visa-versa between the CLX and the two PNPN couplers.

CLX @ 192.168.XXX.AAA
Prosoft EIP Side @ 192.168.XXX.BBB
Prosoft Profinet side @ 192.168.YYY.AAA
PNPN1 @ 192.168.YYY.BBB
PNPN2 @ 192.168.YYY.CCC

The gateway can see the CLX and PNPN couplers on the network (I confirmed this part with PRONETA/TIA/STUDIO500/Prosoft Utility.). I am not sure how to get the data out of the PNPN coupler (or write).

The couplers are part of another machine that has been preconfigured. I have the data array information from the manufacturer but cant seem to see the data.

Thanks for any support. I'm working with Prosoft on figuring this out but sometimes the pros here are faster ;).

I have the input and output data setup in the process data section of the gateway. I am not seeing anything on the CLX side.

2021-08-20 14_09_08-Dev VM7 - v2021.08.18 - VMware Workstation.png

Does a pn pn coupler need to have the same station name on both sides of the coupler?
Not sure what you mean. In profinet the device name is one thing and on EtherNet/IP the host name is another. I see no reason why they would need to be the same. These are physcally different networks on the Prosoft device.

I am trying to download the manual, but for some reason it is taking ages.
This device is EtherNet/IP adapter and Profinet controller. Thre must be a way to configure the Profinet Controller and then configure the mapping of process (cyclic) data from EtherNet/IP to Profinet and vice-versa, There should be an EDS provided by Prosoft so you can configure the EtherNet/Ip scanner. I cannot get such an EDS from the website. There is something called the Prosoft Configuration builder which I think is used to program the mappings. If I succeed downloading the manuals I will take a look and post again. Good luck.

I've used a couple different ProSoft devices, but not this one. I expect you will use Configuration Builder to set up read and write commands to get data from / send data to the Siemens devices. In the ControlLogix, I expect you will have an array of input data, and an array of output data that the commands in the ProSoft module will use for the data of the commands created in configuration builder. The first time I set up a ProSoft module, it took me a few revisions until I understood the data interchange. YouTube videos from ProSoft showed how to do things well, but didn't initially explain why the demonstrators chose data sizes and addresses to me well, until I understood I have the option to use blocks of data for module status, command status, and command controls in addition to the data I was reading and writing. For the devices I used, Configuration Builder created a rung to import into my Logix/Studio project which brought in the AOI and data tables properly configured.