Prosoft MVI69-MCM Config Port

Josh98

Hi everyone,

I’m trying to copy the configuration from one MVI69-MCM to another.
I am having no luck establishing serial comms with the device via the config port.

Cables are as follows, RJ45 to DB9 adaptor – DB9 to DB9 null modem cable (I have made an exact copy of the wiring of prosoft cable no.15) – DB9 to usb ( serial to USB converter cable).

I have tried multiple different usb to serial cables with no success.

I have also read on some prosoft support pages that the baud rate for this port is 57600, setting the comm port to this doesn’t seem to help either.

I am using the prosoft configuration builder to try and upload from the unit, but I get “port opened successful” and then a timeout.

Can anyone advise:

• What mode the processor needs to be in?
  • Any serial settings that may help?
  • If the cable configuration is correct?
  • Is there anyway to configure these modules via the backplane with CIP connect or other methods?
  • Does the processor need to have the MVI69-MCM AOI for the configuration port to function?
  • Do I need a right end cap terminator installed to use the config port?
I'm very new to this job, any guidance you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks