Encoder Connection

yogesh_n

dear all

i want connect omron make encoder(o/p is 8 digit binary) .
should i connect this encoder with A & B'S MICROLOGIX 1000(ANALOG).

PLS GUIDE ME ? HOW I CAN DO THIS.

REGARDS
YOGESH

Is it an absolute or pulse encoder?

If its a pulse, you need to connect it to a High Speed Counter card.

However, the way you describe it, it sounds like an absolute encoder. This should probably be connected through the normal binary inputs. A word of warning, you need to make sure that the bits will not change too fast for the inputs of your PLC.

A few other popular ways of connecting an absolute encoder:
RS 422 (Needs a special PLC input card)
Profibus, device net etc. This would be my favoured method, if the encoded is compatible.

Doug

dear all

i am yogesh nandavikar from india.

i am thinking on one topic smart sensors.
as i understand about smart tx .it has hart signal which superimpose on 4-20mA signal.
as seen in every smart tx. take e.g of pressure tx (smart). it gives 4-20mA according to pressure but the same time it gives temp of applied media but in the digital form. i.e means we can access that digital signal by hart communicator or hart modem.

if i able to get hart signal in my plc .i can control (or manipulate)
pressure and temperature same time.so it will reduce my cost of one tx.

so pls guide me to take hart signal in plc.

regards

yogesh.