GE IFIX Database Help needed.

Shiro485

Hello,
I am working with a system previously developed on a logix500 based slc controller, a new rendition has been made using a compactlogix, so the tag structure has changed. I have edited the tag database and imported in the database manager, and connections seem to be fine, but when running sequences or other parts of the application I will get error box, referencing tags in the old structure. There seems to be many other areas in which I will have to edit the tags to fix all the connections.
I am very new with this software, and am hoping someone may be able to help reference something that will get me on the road to understanding this better.

Many Thanks!

I am using Ifix 5.8

Last edited:

Similar Topics

Has anyone successfully migrated an older Proficy/ iFix Historian database into a new FactoryTalk Historian server? Trying to eliminate having two...
Replies
Views
I have a client that has iFix 5.8 installed with a Primary and secondary node. They have two terminal servers that they use for their thin...
Replies
Views
I am talking to a Logix 5500 series PLC with ABR driver currently. IFIX Database shows addressing setup like this -...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I am a beginner, so please let me know if I am wrong with certain terminology or missing useful information. I am having a...
Replies
Views
I am trying to simply display a PLC string tag value (text) in a VBA control (msgbox or anything...just to get it working). The following code is...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom