RSLogix 500, Linx, Emulate Problem

tpalmer0127

I'm having some problems with the RS Logix programs

I had the free versions of RS Logix Micro Starter (v8.30), Linx (v 2.57) and Emulate installed on a Win 7 pro machine. They were working.

At one point, while trying to run Emulate, I started getting a message about unable to open EMU500x.dll. I tried re-booting, then re-installing Emulate (v 6.00), then reinstalling Linx.

When I try to open Emulate, I'm still getting the RSLogix Emulate 500 has stopped working message. When I click on the close program button, I no longer get the missing DLL message, but the application closes.

Also, when I try to start Linx, nothing opens.

I have compatibility set at XP sp3 for all three programs as well as Run as Administrator.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,
Terry

John,
Thanks for the suggestion. I have searched the forum and not found anything that worked yet. Hoping that someone has a suggestion or specific post.
Terry

Thanks, James

I did the same yesterday. I have an XP machine that I keep running with duct tape and bailing wire. Don't want to rely on it. Hopefully someone has an answer so I can get it running again on the Win 7 machine - before MS forces me to Win 10 :)

Terry