Question about commissioning with Rockwell equipment

krisbi

Hello everybody.

I am system integrator with big experience with Siemens equipment, but my current project is with Rockwell panels and PLC. I have some questions regarding commissioning:

1. What if equipment at site is lower version than my RS Studio or Logix 5000 supports?
2. I uploaded factory talk .mer file on panel, but got Version incompatibility when runtime on panel was starting. How do I solve a problem like that? I have FT ver 8.

Thank you, best regards.

First, I noticed you posted this twice.

Actually best i to have the correct version for both softwares. In most cases you are not the only one who will maintain the equipment, so keep with the original. It could also cause some warranty issues if you upgrade.

1. What if equipment at site is lower version than my RS Studio or Logix 5000 supports?

Logix 5000: you need to match the controllers and software version. If the controller has a lower version, Logix will ask you to upgrade the firmware before establish communication. Firmware upgrade has some details to consider (the controller has to be stopped, your client has no budget to buy a new version of the software for maintenance, incompatibility with the firmware of some modules...)

FTVME: you can compile to a lower version. However, your client will need the same or newer version of FTVME to edit the project.

2. I uploaded factory talk .mer file on panel, but got Version incompatibility when runtime on panel was starting. How do I solve a problem like that? I have FT ver 8.
You can select the correct version of the MER file when you're compiling it. You need to check what firmware is running on the Panel View.