DeviceNet MKS 1179 commissioning question

JoeM1

I am commissioning a 1179 DeviceNet mass flow controller, which uses a Allen Bradley DeviceNet module as the master (1756-DNB)
Today I plugged it into the DeviceNet network. The NET led flashes. The manual states that this is flashing due to having no connections in the established state. I checked in RSNetWorx for DeviceNet and the Node shows up in the tree as normal. Any ideas? Thanks.

What you're calling the "tree" in RSNetworx is just a network browse or layout; it's not representative of an I/O connection like the "tree" in Studio 5000 is.

In RSNetworx you can choose a spreadsheet view or a network trunk/drop view for the network layout display.

You need to double-click on the 1756-DNB object in RSNetworx and add the MKS device to the 1756-DNB as a slave.

The MKS user manual should show you how many bytes of input and how many bytes of output to configure when you establish the Master/Slave relationship via the 1756-DNB Scanlist.

Solution

Ken,
I found a solution to the issue.
For future benefit of others:
Double click on the DeviceNet module's icon in RSNetWorx.
You will see a dialog box that will have a ScanList tab.
Click on that tab.
In my case my device was there, but greyed out.
Move all the devices to the left hand pane.
(I started over, there were a lot of dead nodes left behind from other engineers and projects)
Bring back all the devices you want to the right hand pane.
Re download.
All was better.
Thanks