analog input

quipquipquip

Hi, very new to PLCs (like I just picked it up last week), and I hope someone could be able to help me solve this question...

I have a CP1E-NA module, and there are two potentiometers that I can adjust and wiggle around. I've managed to figure out to its address is at A642 and I've grabbed it using the FLT(452), and I'm setting it to D10.
What I'm having trouble with is "MOV"ing it to another address. I just simply want to be able to take whatever input I'm getting from A642 and copy it into another address. Whenever I am hooked up to the PLC and try to get it to work, the MOVL(498) block's value doesn't change, but the FLT(452) definitely changes to indicate that it is working.

pottest.png

I am hoping to avoid using a temperature card or module to additionally attach/purchase; is analog reading possible to do without having to use one of those additional add-ons? I am using just a TMP36 and attaching the middle pin to analog in, with the first to a 5V power source and the third to ground.

temperature_tmp36pinout.gif