primary setup tool Step7 5.5

dahnuguy

CPU 317-2 PN / DP CP 343-1

Need to set up new PLC with IP address etc.

Connect to un-managed switch to CPU (and also tried direct connect to CP343 and cpu) It was a few years ago, but I seem to remember that going through the 343 was the only way to get results with Ethernet config. But not this time.

Start PST, choose PG interface , (same as the one I used last time for Ethernet setup)
TCPIP.AUTO.1 <active>

no filters are being used.

Network......browse.......nothing shows up.

"While the Primary Setup Tool browses the network, the Browse network dialog appears with a progress bar. When it has completed browsing, the Primary Setup Tools displays a list of all the devices it has found in the left-hand window."

OK what if it doesn't?

IP on host is set to obtain automatically.
Cable from PG is known good Ethernet cable.

Not running on VM ,
using PST V4.2 just loaded from Siemens,
tried with PST V4.1, same non result.

Also tried "view accessible nodes" from step7 with no luck.
Wireless network is disabled.

I have used these tools several times without issue, I don't recall having this much trouble before.

Update, someone just came by and said they loaded the CPU and gave me the IP.
I can ping the PLC from the PG, but shouldn't the PLC also show up in the accessible nodes and PST???

No devices are listed in either place.