InTouch: is primary or secondary data source active?

ryangriggs

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi, does anyone know how to tell in Aveva InTouch (v2020) whether the primary or secondary data source is active (i.e is failover active or inactive)? Is there a system tag that indicates this?

I would like to show an indicator on the screen if the secondary is active. Any idea how to do this? I already know about $Sys$Status which toggles to False if the data source loses connection.

Note: we are not activating failover manually, but instead are letting InTouch decide when to go to the failover source (we are leaving the Failover Expression blank).

5hyy

5hy2

Thanks for any pointers!

There might be a cleaner way to do it, but here's how I've done it with a while showing every 1000 Msec window script. You could make it an application script if you want. I'm only showing it in one driver status window.

Code:
CommDriver_ActiveServer=IOGetActiveSourceName("TopicName");

Then display CommDriver_ActiveServer or whatever tag name you choose as text.

You might also find these interesting:

Code:
CommDriver_PrimaryStatus=IOGetAccessNameStatus("TopicName", 1);
CommDriver_SecondaryStatus=IOGetAccessNameStatus("TopicName", 2);

Check out the manual for the comm drivers and you might find more cool stuff. There's a bunch of processor status and connection status available for ABCIP, not much for ABTCP except force failover. I don't know what's there for other drivers.

Unwanted spaces were appearing in ("TopicName") until I made it code. Interesting.

Edit: here's a popup of ABCIP info. I didn't get reset statistics to work and deleted it. L8x doesn't have all this memory information available. The bulk of the info doesn't involve scripts, just displaying TopicName:$SYS$OpenConnections and similar items found in the driver manual.

DC858E70-720E-4870-9E0C-CA09C5D251A9.jpg

Last edited:
Too late for another painfully slow edit. After reading your post more carefully, I expect you to put that in the application script and maybe use a condition script to show a popup when the active server tag == “Secondary” or whatever the text is for the secondary source.

Show secondary popup on true, hide secondary popup on false

@5618, thank you very much. I think you have put me on the right path. I will explore this option.