FactoryTalk ME Touch Screen issue using InTouch INDT156

fulch

Hi guys

We're in the process of creating a ME runtime to operate on a PC running windows using a InTouch INDT156 touchscreen, and we're having an issue with the touch itself. When we use a mouse, any buttons on the screen are actuated on the press down of the click which is exactly what we are after. However, when using the touchscreen we find that the buttons then only actuate on the release of the touch on the screen. We need to be able to hold a momentary PB down with the touchscreen, but this obviously cannot happen if the button is only pressed when the finger is removed from the screen.

We've tested this on just the PC folders and files, and it does not behave the same way so I'm assuming that it is a setting or something on the rockwell side but I cannot for the life of me find it. Does anyone have any ideas regarding fixing this? Thanks very much in advance, I really appreciate any help anyone can provide!

This is actually a windows issue. The press and hold on a touchscreen is meant to emulate a right click. This forum post describes the exact same behavior you are seeing, with a potential solution. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like there is an easy fix to this.

I remember running into something like this a couple of years ago on a B&R IPC. As I recall, there was a setting in the touch screen driver utility that allowed a press & hold to work.

Thanks very much for your assistance guys, I'll take a look at the touch screen driver and see if I can see anything (y)