Combo Box in FactoryTalk ME usingh touch

paulB

Need some help.
I am scratching my head how to achieve Combo Box functionality in Factory Talk ME, V9 using not navigation keys but touch, similar to what is seeing in Windows programs.
Control List Selector and its navigating keys are taking too much screen space.
Has anybody done this before?

Thank you in advance

PaulB.

Haven't used v9, but I'm going to guess they still don't support that. I agree, the control list is horrible. You can add a combobox via ActiveX, but I don't believe there is anyway to populate it. If you aren't knee deep in this project and could use other platforms, I would look at other options.

One option is to display the value and then when you want to edit, you open a pop-up that has the control list, after selecting the pop-up closes.

Thank you,
I am tied up to Factory Talk ME platform. I am trying to avoid extra pop up screen. Seems that need to use it. Does anybody know if Control List Selector supports touch or navigating keys are required?

PaulB

The only way to use touch is to add interlock push buttons over the text area. Make the buttons transparent and set the button's value connection the same as the Control List Selector. Make the Interlock button values equal each state of the Selector over which text they represent.

This would not be a drop down box but would eliminate the navigation buttons.

Last edited:
Does anybody know if Control List Selector supports touch or navigating keys are required?
As far I know, you need the navigation keys. If the screen space is a problem, you can resize the Control List Selector to show only an item, and use two keys: Up (or Down) and Enter. The Wrap option in the Selector properties has to be checked.