PV comm cable

RickParrot

I have a PV600 (2711-T6C16L1) Ser B, Rev C, FRN 4.43 .

I successfully downloaded a PV program to it using a 2711-NC13 cable. However, that same cable isn't talking to my SLC 505. Do I need a DIFFERENT cable for that???

Thank you for your advise!o_O

How is the SLC5/05's serial port configured?

It has to be configured for DF1 protocol.

Which port on the PV are you using to connect to your SLC?

Last edited:
The PV has a RS 232, and a RS 232 DF1. I am using the RS 232 DF1. As a side note, the 505's ethernet is online and working fine. I am connecting the PV to the 505 through the RS 232 DF1 channel on the 505.
The manual you linked me confirms the 2711-NC13 cable. I thought DF1 was default on the 505's channel 0. But I will look at the 505's channel 0's settings anyway.

I am using the NC13 cable, and RS Linx sees the PV, but when I go to download, it says, "Error 1022 Target is not an Operator Terminal". For the Download I am using the PB32 File Transfer Type DF1 Point to Point--RSLinx AB_DF1-1.

Cant do the download. Anyone help?

I tried that, still got the Error 1022- Not an operator terminal. When I high-light it, it shows the PV as a 'workstation'. Should that be the case?

Some error messages keep saying to make sure the "printer port is disabled". What is the easiest way to get into the Configuration Screen" being that is both offline and I can't talk to it?

I got into the Config screen. The printer port is DISABLED. However, it says the PV is Node 2! That could be the Comm problem?!?!?