RSLogix 5000 messaging Paths

VQCjon

Just wondering what is the best practice on setting up paths for messaging between controllers.
Is it better to add the controller I'm messaging to in the IO tree or type out the long way for example ENET_PLANT, 2, 192.168.72.177, 1, 0. Just curious on if it really makes a difference or not?

I like to do this with the path.
Simple rules for the path. Start from the processor.

Backdoor to the backplane = 1
Slot number of the communication card = 3 (Slot 3) Software will replace with unit name.
Out Frontdoor to the system = 2
Address of the unit to connect = 192.168.72.177
Backdoor to the backplane = 1
Slot number of the unit you want to communicate = 0

Regards,

That's what I figured, just didn't know if there was anything in the background happening I should be concerned about doing it one way or the other. Beings these messages are continuously triggered the connection is always active already anyways. Makes teaching new guys a little simpler adding into the IO tree instead of long hand.
Thanks for the input.