what are the difference of HMI & IPC

rajeshputta

Hello,
my project,it requires monitor a Current graph from my Analog Input.(record print,save after process,etc..)
i have Delta SX2 PLC.
i want to choose a monitor control screen.
which is good HMI or IPC.? for my project!
please suggest.

Regards
Rajesh.Putta

It really depends of many things. Usually, IPCs are used as a monitoring station when there is many kind of signals and you need a powerful database and graphic. In that case, also you should use a monitoring software like Citect , WinCC or any similar software which leads to a higher cost. As a result if you use an IPC the cost may increase in comparison to HMI. If the number of your signals are few and you don't need powerful data base, graphic, data management and etc, it is logical to use a HMI.

In that case, also you should use a monitoring software like Citect , WinCC or any similar software which leads to a higher cost. As a result if you use an IPC the cost may increase in comparison to HMI.
Unless you use AdvancedHMI which is free and also extremely efficient allowing it to easily run on low cost Atom processor based hardware. In that case, I find it cheaper than a hardware based HMI.

using HMI is possible to monitor a graph?
I got offer for DOP-B7 monitor is it good?
Yes it is possible to monitor a graph on HMI or even save the data. It depends on features of your HMI. By the way, the proposed software from Archie is also good ==> AdvancedHMI ==>
Unless you use AdvancedHMI which is free and also extremely efficient allowing it to easily run on low cost Atom processor based hardware. In that case, I find it cheaper than a hardware based HMI.