Unrecognized 1734, revision difference

patjdixon

We have remote IO 1734-AENTR and all of them seem to be recognized in Logix except in, RIO-5000. When we look at the revision, all the ones that are working are rev 6.012. RIO-5000 shows rev 6.001. I think this is the problem. The EDS file pertains to a model type, which is 1734-AENTR. I don't think you can have different EDS files for different revisions of the same device. Therefore, I think the only fix is to have a 1734-AENTR with rev 6.012 firmware. Is this correct?

Attached are:
- photo of RIO-5000 showing rev 6.001
- photo of one of the other RIO showing rev 6.012

ics_gnn2_pointio_2.jpg ics_gnn2_pointio_3.jpg

The issue is the Add-On Profile (AOP) for the POINT I/O Adapter, not the EDS files.

Shut down Studio 5000, and install the AOP's for all the 1734-AENT and 1734-AENTR series and revisions. It looks like you might have a mix of Series B and Series C hardware.

You can get them from the A-B Product Compatibility and Download Center, using the search term "Add On Profiles" and selecting the 1734-AENT/AENTR version 6.x items from that big list.

POINT_AOPs.PNG

The search feature can be a little tricky, and the download instructions are a little unintuitive. I usually just execute the downloader executable and it places the files in C:\RA\.

But once you get the AOP files downloaded, you will find that there's a ZIP file that contains a folder, which in turn contains all the install files.

Execute the MPSetup.exe file in that folder ("MP" for "Module Profiles"), and it will install the AOPs.

There are enough dependencies between these software components that I like to do a full PC power cycle before and after the installation to give everything the best chance to install correctly.