PUT (struct) difference 1200 / 1500?

spaderkung

From a FAT it appears that a struct containing bits/int/real can't be sent from a 1513 to a 1200.
When using two 1513 there is no issue.
Total size is 8 bytes.

The error code is 4 (different data length).
Separating the data types over ADRR1, 2.. works.
GETing a similar struct from 1200 to 1500 worked.
One 1513 is both putting and getting. The partner is passive.

Anyone knows if there a difference between 1200/1500 or is the problem elsewhere?

Thanks

Last edited:
There should not be any difference.
What do you mean by this:
Separating the data types over ADRR1, 2.. works.

I would set the data to be non-optimized on both sides, and I would declare the data on both sides with a shared UDT.

Depending on the firmware version of the CPU, earlier versions did not support structs and you had to specify the area manually as an any pointer with bytes.

@Jesper it worked when using more of the available areas on the PUT block. One area for word and one for real. The SD1, ADDR1 and for nbr 2.

If there is a struct support in FW for older cpu I guess it could be that. Using the addr1 2... effectively removes the struct. Anyway, it works, just with some modifications I wanted to understand.

The partner is not our scope, so we do the get and put.

Thanks

Great that you got it working.

I see that the PUT block has multiple ADDR_x and SD_x pins. Never noticed that before.
So you can actually place several data areas on the same PUT (or GET) block.

I would still assume that if you have a STRUCT with nested STRUCTs below the top STRUCT then you should be able to simply pass the top STRUCT to the PUT or GET block.