A CIP error occurred in the communication request

Hi there,
We had a Compactlogix CPU failure few days back in one of our compressor station, it was series-A 1769-L35E processor with v15.xx firmware. It was station PLC where there are another 8 compressors have its own unit PLCs (compactlogix 1769-L32E) and a SIS PLC. Anyway, we didnt have the same spare series-A CPU in stock. so we used series B new CPU. but there was a message on the new CPU that it should be used with v16 or above firmware for stable operation. As we didnt have firmware v16 in our laptop, we used v20 to falsh the new cpu and rev uped the code to v20 and downloaded. We checked the log massage during firmware update, there was no failure message. The system work fine after reved up to v20, IOs are in healthy condition and the Devicenet card has no error. But the Ethernet comm. port is not accessible. When we try to open the port configuration tab in the Ethernet module properties window, it come up with "A CIP error occurred in the communication request". have you ever had such a scenario? may i know what is the best way fix the comm issue?
Thanks
Thushi :geek: