Micrologix 1400 Series A

John Morris

Lifetime Supporting Member
Morning all

Quick question, I down load to the 1400 to correct a card configuration, when I cycle power It revert back to the original configuration.

Did I over look a setting

Please advise

thank you

Did you check if the eeprom is installed, might be loading the info form it.

I changed it from 1762 OF4 to a 1762 IF4

I checked IO configuration and it reverts after the power cycling.

Is there something after the download I am supposed to do to make sure it stays in that configuration.

The compiler is checked marked to "Allow Future Access"

Any ideas

Im going off memory, but in the comms tab you should be able to store the program to the eeprom if you have one installed on the plc.

I am assuming it is greyed out. At this point I am not sure what is going on. I would physically look and see if there is an eeprom and try removing it and then download the program.

Other than that i'm stumped, its been a couple years since i have worked on one.

This one just has a memory module plugged into the front.

I have looked for an SD card or an eeprom, Cannot find either one, or I'm not looking in the right place.

Hmmm

removed the module, turned on power, it started in the correct configuration.

Thank you for helping iggy.

Now what is to be done with the memory module

How do I get it to store the correct program.

Have to reinstall the eeprom, then in the comms tab >store to eeprom.
You may have to be in program mode to do this I am not sure.

Yes...

While in Program Mode...

Go to...

Comms>EEPROM>Store to EEPROM

Leave Selected for...

Normal Protection -
Allows reuse of device

Regards,
George