Pv550 communication card firmware

jreyesm1988

Hello
I need some help, i have a pv550 that every other day give me a 637 fault: communication driver fault, every time I recycled the power the fault cleared, i called AB, they told me that i need to flash the pv550 communication card firmware, any help please

The PanelView 550 firmware will only be on the PanelBuilder32 CD; do you have that ?

Which exact model of PanelView 550 do you have ? Post the complete part number.

I think that the DeviceNet, ControlNet, and EtherNet/IP models did have a separate network daughtercard Ethernet file, but that's based on a fuzzy recollection.

The recommendation to flash the firmware may have been to get a version that deals with flaky network conditions more reliably, but if you have an unreliable network you'll eventually have to repair it.

Hello, thanks for answering
I do have the panelbuilder 32 cd, inside it's a folder with the pv_comm_card FW, but I don't know which one it is, this are the options:
dnetdcV1.dfw
DnetDV2.dfw
Profdp.dfw
Dcmdb.dfw
Dcics.dfw
Dcien.dfw
If you know which one it is, please help me out
Once I know which one, I think the only way is to copy the file onto a compactFlash card because you're flashing the comm card, correct?
Pv550 2711-k5A20L1X
FRN 4.46
Do You think that the fault could be a network problem?

The fault could be network problem or an Ethernet daughtercard problem.

I've read that if you go into Configuration Mode and look on the Communication Setup screen, that an Ethernet daughtercard hardware problem will appear as an error code on that screen. Absence of the error code on that screen suggests the problem is on the network, not on the card itself.

The 2711-T5A20L1X is an EtherNet/IP unit.

The process for loading the firmware that's described by RA Knowledgebase Article ID # 31466 (Access Level: TechConnect) is:

Steps for upgrading PanelView communications card firmware

• Copy the DCIEN.DFW file to the ATA memory card.
  • Insert the ATA memory card into the memory card slot on the backside of the PanelView Terminal (make sure that the PanelView is not powered up).
  • Apply power to the PanelView Terminal with the Memory Card installed.
  • The PanelView Terminal will load new firmware off of the installed memory card during boot up.
  • After the firmware is installed (updated) and the terminal has re-booted and displays the Configuration screen, select the Memory Card menu option on the PanelView Terminal's Configuration screen, select the Disconnect Card option and remove memory card.

Thanks a lot, look like is a network problem, i checked as you said the communication setup screen, is no fault code there
Thanks