Sick up56-21_118

PLC Pie Guy

Good day all.

I have a SICK level sensor here that I need to connect.
I have never worked with SICK stuff before so I wanted to get some opinions on how to wire this device.
I have attached a PDF screen shot from the SICK manual that shows the wiring. I also have attached a PDF screen shot of the desired connection to the PLC. The diagram shows a simple two wire analog circuit and I am fine with this. Its the naming of the leads in the SICK manual that I do not understand. There is a (L+) that I take to be 24VDC+. But that's it. the rest of the leads are called (Qa) (Qpnp) (Sync/Com) and (M).

I would be greatly appreciative if somebody could help me connect the dots.

Thanks

We use SICKs, but Scanners, I'll take a shot:

L+ is the positive power voltage
M is your negative or common,
Both Qa and Qpnp are outputs signal
Sync/Com are used for remote programming possibly (Connect + adapter)?

Maybe some one that has more experience with this type of level sensor will chime in.

Thanks for the replies guys.
I have contacted SICK about it but after a week and no response I have to assume they really don't care. I made the purchase, they have the cash, bus stops there. Terrible support.

You guys ROCK!