RSLogix ASCII Write (AWT) Command Not Running

Oneslyfox

I'm using serial communication between an AB 1769-L35E PLC and a Nachi robot. 90%+ of the time the ASCII Read and Write commands work perfectly. Once every couple hours, seemingly at random, the ASCII Write (AWT) command doesn't start executing. The SerialPort Control tag is set properly, the SerialPort Control Length has the correct value, the command is enabled, but nothing seems to happen. The robot doesn't recieve anything, and the Characters Sent integer never counts up (it stays at zero).

After 15 seconds, I use the ASCII Clear Buffer to force the AWT command to abort, and restart the process. I've never seen this issue on the restart.

Is anyone familiar with this or a similar issue that can help me out?

Similar Topics

I am trying to import addresses and symbols from a PanelBuilder32 application into the RSLogix 5 Address/Symbol database - however each time I...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm starting a new project where we are reading ASCII from a "Device" using an Anybus AB70702 module. Over the last couple days with...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys! Does anyone know which version of RSLogix 500 i can insert ASCII DataFile? I'm using 10.0 version and i not found this DataFile, but...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I got barcode scanner, which give me each character as SINT (style is ASCII), I want to put all these characters in one string, which...
Replies
Views
Hello Guys, I am totally new to this forum and to PLC. I am trying to write a logic in PLC which reads ASCII line from Channel 2 and extract...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom