S7 block consistency problem

Dawen35

Hi All,

I have run into a problem altering some software that has been recently altered by A.N.Other. I have done my changes which are fine yet when I do a block consistency check and compile I get a warning when it tries to generate a s7-Pdiag object as it says that I do not have a suitable object package.

I have checked what I have installed and I do have the relevant package and can even open the software in s7-Pdiag so why will it not recognise it when compiling?

Any help or advise would be very much appreciated.

Regards

Dave

One thing is to make sure ALL other STEP 7 (and Protool/WinCC) applications are closed before you try a check block consistency.

Try the following to start.

Close all Siemens applications except STEP 7.
Right-click on the top of the project tree in SIMATIC Manager.
Click the "Required Software" tab, and click the Execute button towards the bottom.

My hope is that it will go through your project and check the software packages you need and the version(s) required.

I think I fixed that once before by declaring a new plc. Then copying all the blocks over the new PLC, deleting the old plc.

Thankyou for the replies, I have tried both but to no avail. I have spoken to one of our senior Engineers today who thinks it maybe because there are two types of Pdiag, a standard and advanced, and that we may have the wrong one on the PG. He is going to look into it for me but as it is only showing up as a warning I can proceed with the work required.

Thank you for all your help