cloud HMI like Weintek ?

daba

Lifetime Supporting Member
I know of the Weintek product mTV_SVR, but does anyone know of other makers of a cloud HMI, where the operator uses a tablet PC or iPad on WiFi ?

The Weintek has let me down, in that you cannot have "animated" lines, that you can change colour, blink, etc., all the sort of things you would need for a plant/process mimic.....

TIA

Hello,

Certainly not trying to solve Weintek problems. :) But for you, can you simulate lines with thin rectangles that appear as lines and allow the animations you need?

Operating from a tablet can be done with just about any HMI software that will run on Windows 7/8/10 using a tablet with Windows. These tablets are quite abundant starting at about $90. The advantage to this is that if the software doesn't have the features you need, it is not necessary to ditch the hardware, just use another software package.

Another a little trick I just used last week was connecting a micro PC with Windows 10 onto the same network as the PLC, then put an AdvancedHMI application on it. Using my iPhone I did a remote desktop to it. It was a big help to the maintenance guy that was down in a machine with no line of sight to any of the HMIs on the machine. It's not the cleanest method, but it worked in a pinch and only took me a few minutes to setup.

I liked my Nexus 7 for messing around with Red Lion stuff on WiFi getting into the web browser and pushing buttons to control things. Yep, Android got caught in a loop with Chrome and just kept firing the last button press. Only way to stop was to close the browser. Fortunately, that was just a test rig on my desk.