Help Wanted

Ken Roach

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Every once in a while we get the question "what automation platform should I learn to get the best chance at getting a job". I tell people to ask around their region's major employers, or check with a vocational school or the electrical union to find out what they see the most.

But sometimes, you've just got to drive down the road.

Help Wanted MT.jpg

If only every business advertised positions like that...

Just about every small shop I drive past has a sign out front stating that they're looking for CNC operators or controls engineers, or something.

It's a real photo, taken by a former co-worker of mine someplace in western Montana. My guess is that it's near Columbia Falls, though the rest of his photo album was along the Bull and Kootenai rivers.