OT: Help wanted... Is it OK to post?

Read about that, glad the buyer was armed.

Man you should see me when I go and meet someone that needs something in a "hurry"... I take my minivan with my dogs and I have a remote open for the back, I also have a 9mm in my center console and a bodyguard 380 with a extended clip strapped to my side, I set up the meetings at the local sheriffs parking lot (.5 mile down the road)

Not that I dont trust people, but I have never had a issue and want to keep it that way ;)

Same here... last week in Columbia two people set up a meeting to exchange a item for money... the seller brought a gun and tried to rob the buyer, the buyer pulled out his own gun and shot the seller, that did not have the item in the first place

My brother had a lot of stuff stored at a fairly secure storage facility after he moved and needed an interim place to put things. He put a table he had on CL to boot it out. One guy wanted to buy it so they met at the storage place and the guy followed him in thru the security gate. The dude liked the table, but said he forgot his money. Have to come back tomorrow. Meet at the same time.

My brother went back the next day only to find the lock cut and pretty much cleaned out. Feds got involved because a few well hidden guns were stolen. The security camera could not see his individual unit, but they did pick up a well known moving assistance truck in there overnight.

I had to dig thru my records because I bought a black gun for my brother, and did have the serial number. The finest are at a loss and said don't expect any recovery. At least they have on record that the gun's were stolen.

Same here... last week in Columbia two people set up a meeting to exchange a item for money... the seller brought a gun and tried to rob the buyer, the buyer pulled out his own gun and shot the seller, that did not have the item in the first place

To the rest of the world that is normal in 'Merica. No Offence intended.

To the rest of the world that is normal in 'Merica. No Offence intended.
It always amaze me what people grow up to accept as normal in their own culture. All the the while they have no problem point at other culture and say, "that's crazy, how do they live like that".

It always amaze me what people grow up to accept as normal in their own culture. All the the while they have no problem point at other culture and say, "that's crazy, how do they live like that".

Normal in my culture is that 99.9% of people will never see a firearm in their lives. It wasn't a critism, just mearly an observation.

Not sure how we went there... but I'm 51 and I have more guns then I can count

If you live in Chicago it's 'normal' to be shot.... over 3000 this year

Even if it's normal it does not make it any better or right

I've been living in Chicago and the area for 25+ years and have never seen a gun nor felt like I needed one. I guess Chicago is a big place.

Yah I was just making a point... I lived in Detroit and Oakland in the past and they are in the same boat, you know the places you should not go and stay out, but it is sad that not all people have the choice to stay out

I just wanted our friends from abroad to have a better understanding what actually is behind the "3000 homicides a year" statistics. Come to Chicago in May or in September, when the weather is the most clement. It is nice, clean and safe.