Help with FTV Multistate Indicator

gschneider

Hello all,

I am rebuilding an app formerly in WonderWare to FactoryTalk View. In the WW app, there was a color animation based on an analog value. There were "break points" at 1, 10, 100, and 1000.

To calculate the analog value, an equation was used. This equation used discrete variables and looked something like this:

(X*1000)+(Y*100)+(Z*10)+(NOT A)

Basically, what this is telling me is that if X is true, the value was 1000 and turned a certain color. If Y was true, another. Etc...

So when looking at FactoryTalk, I'm wondering that if, say, Y and Z are true (reading a value of 110), will a color animation or multistate indicator still display the proper color? Does it accept values in ranges or only the exact values in the parameters?

Thanks in advance!

FTView ME or SE?
Either case, animation and indicators need an exact value match. Not ranges.
Or else you will get the Error state.

In SE, used derived tags. Your expression will write to a new (HMI memory) tag that you can use for your indicator.

In ME, you might just use an expression in the multistate indicator.
Something like this:
If x then 1 else
If Y then 2 else
If Z then 3 else 0

Sorry for not replying sooner. Using ME

For those that are wondering or may look at this later, I ended up only have state values of 1, 10, 100, and 1000 and the animation worked properly (i.e. when the value was 110 it still displayed the color from value 100).

ah, you are using Color Animation on a simple object (like a rectangle).
Yes, that works the way you mentioned.

Just watch out for values that are not valid states.
Ex. 200 or 500. Should that show error? or are you okay with it staying at the 100 state?

What about 0 and -ve values?
That will show the default colors; as you see them during design time.