Production Logs & Reporting Them

AshleyParr

Ok guys, i could do with your opinions if you don't mind.

I've started to look at our production efficiency & logging the data during a run (Yes they haven't got anything like it apart from paper sheets, there's lots to do here as its quiet an old site).

So collecting the data is no problem, its across a couple of PLCs (Siemens & Bradley) but i have got the data being collated ok BUT this is where would like opinions/ past experiences.

For testing i logged the last 10 runs in an array in the PLC, worked a treat but eats up memory & limited to the amount of logs. So i knocked up an sql db & started logging to tables & all works fine, i have a query to pull all the logs together with the same ID i gave them.

I have wrote some vb to perform a query on the users input and display on the HMI screen, using Factory Talk SE. How would you display that data, use the SCADA or use/write other software to interrogate the data?

Ash