Production Schedule into AB PLC communication

RRCPM

Hello,

Does anyone know how to transfer a production schedule data into an Allen Bradley CompactLogix PLC?

We have a machine that slices 40-50” foam blocks horizontally in several 2”, 3” or 4” thicknesses. The operator inputs the required cutting thickness on a Redlion HMI. For example, a 50” block can be cut around 25 times with a set thickness of 2”.

Would it be possible to have this production schedule with the thickness transferred automatically into the PLC without depending on the operator to input the required cut thickness manually.

Basically, I would like to grab this production schedule data that has the thickness and block sizes, and transfer automatically into to the PLC. The production schedule is currently on internal web server and I want to grab it and transfer to the PLC.

Would anyone know if this is possible?

Thank you!

You will need to use something called an Manufacturing Execution System.
It's basically a system which works together with a database to provide instructions to the equipment.

You can write your own MES. Depending on how simple you want it to be, you can do it in Excel using RSLinx Professional.
Or you can use something more complicated which has an OPC, DataBase as well as a PLC system. DB>Scripting>OPC>Scripting>PLC.

Depends on what you would like. Can you share what your average productions schedule is like? Is it in the form of a paper record, or a database, or an excel?