Crimson 3.0 and ADAM-4055

padees

Hey all,

Messing with this ADAM-4055 DIO Module connected to a G307K200, COM 1, 2 wire RS-485 configuration.

Using Gateway Blocks in the Kadet as a middle man between the ADAM module and a ML1400.

I use Gateway Blocks quite often, and think they are quite handy for certain things.

The inputs are reading 5 inputs from a 23 position selector switch indicating feed rate, and doing the binary thing to the ML1400 for monitoring and display purposes.

The outputs of the ADAM module fire a 5 color Banner EZ-Light as a general indicator of status.

Outputs work just fine thru the Gateway, but the inputs to the ADAM module are not getting thru.

They light up on the module, and if I connect the USB/Serial rig to the module and fire up the ADAM Utility on the puter, works just fine.

Tried the Generic driver as well, but no-go. Crimson Rev is the latest one.

Anyone have an idea?

Here are some screen shots of the Kadet setup.

a1.png a2.jpg a3.jpg

Last edited:
OK, did that scare everyone? Seems to have :whistle:

Turns out the new driver may have issues with this module, but not to worry.

Re-configured the module for Modbus, then changed the RL driver to Modbus Master, and the world was round again.

I'm happy!!!

Last edited:
Yeah, the Crimson drivers don't work properly, but you can get raw data from the modules on Modbus and do it in the PLC to get what you want.

Yeah, I know...

I know this is a very old thread but -

Trying to interface an old RL G306A to an Advantech 4055 DIO module.

1. Can talk to the 4055 with Advantech software and set up for Modbus at address 16 (0xF)

2. Can read and write to the 4055 with PC Modbus simulator (using USB to RS485 adaptor). All works very well.

BUT there is no way I can get the RL G306A to do the same! I can see that the G306A is 'talking' to the 4055 to the extent that the 4055 flashes its LED when it recieves a modbus package addressed to 0xF. Beyond that I can't read or write anything on the 4055.

Attached is the Modbus set up on the RL G306A.

What is the problem - I read that the 4055 might not like the RL Crimson 3 driver? Or is that a false trail?

Any help gratefull recieved.

Thanks

G306 ADAM4055.JPG

Why is it when you post on a forum you then find the answer!

More messing about and for no good reasons - disabled 'Frame validation' and amazing - it works!

I don't know why but there we are - now i can get on with the project!