S7 change FC/FB addresses

jatz76

Hi,

We have a S7 (v5.5+sp2) program in which we want to change the address of certain FB's and FC's without the code loosing the addressing. Note: we are using symbolic programming, PLC is a 317.

I was sure that this was done by changing the PLC's "Address priority" to "Recommended for symbolic programming" and "For all accesses (I, Q, M, T, C and DB)".
I believe this should then allow you to change the address in the symbol table and the object's address to the new address, do a consistency check and all should be good! (this article is similar)

This however does not seem to work. After the changes, opening any object that has a reference to the original FC/FB address still has the same reference not the new one. It's like its not using symbolic referencing.

Have I miss understood this or am I doing something wrong? I'm sure I did it this way a while ago!

Thanks

Maybe you could try to convert your programs to a source file, change the assignments in the symbols file (don't forget the instance-DB/FB-assignments), and compile. You must probably delete all blocks first, or compile to an empty blocks folder.

Kalle

Maybe you could try to convert your programs to a source file, change the assignments in the symbols file (don't forget the instance-DB/FB-assignments), and compile. You must probably delete all blocks first, or compile to an empty blocks folder.

Kalle

Thanks Kalle. This did work for me and I should have thought about it myself! I then tried the Rewire option and that works even better in my situation.

Use the re-wire facility. Right click on the blocks folder.

Thanks L D[AR2,P#0.0]. This did the trick. I've spent the last few years re-wiring my brain to use S7 coming from Schneider and Rockwell plc background. What a journey. Still find some things frustrating but this one helps heaps.