I need help understanding factorytalk studio macros

stu

Hi I was trying to use a plc input to login into the engineering screen rather then a password , and came axross the login /log out macros can you help me to to use macros please thanks stu

I'm what sense? The input in the PLC goes true & it allows access to the engineering pages?
Or input goes true log into engineers account?

Take a look at triggering a macro from an event. Your event is the Plc input & use the macro to log into the engineers account. I can't remember the syntax but I answered a post on here about log out macro

Ash

Hi ash yeah when the input is true login to engeering account , plus I am willing to learn as much as I can about macros and setting them up as I've never done before . Thanks stu

OK, i thought of two ideas for you:

1. Visibility
If the input is true allow the engineering button to be visible, if not then hide it. Really simple & crude but could do the job.

2. Using a user account
Heres the post about using a macro to log a user in:
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=102907

Now to trigger it, when your engineering input is true. Once you have created an macro to log into the account set up an event.
Action = The macro to log in
Description = your description
Expression = Engineering input =1

Simples... But remember to log the engineer out once they leave the page or the input is false

Id probably go with the user account one.

Ash

Edit: Presumed your using SE, cant quite remember if these functions are in ME or not. I can take a look later if you let us know which your using

Last edited:
Hi ash
Yeah I thought about using visibility as a easy fix then saw the macros and wanted to learn and try but didn't know how to use lol, sorry guys I forgot to say I'm using Me thought they may be the same ? I will try this out thanks guys

So on the macro set up
Trigger = input address
Expression = if Trigger input =1 then login "username" "password"
Else trigger =0
Is that right ?
Very new to macros guys
I appreciate your time thanks stu

Ok then, my apologies. I was basing it on SE, i have just opened ME & the macros work differently.

As far as i am aware i don't think you can log in using an input, i just had a play around and you can either use the visibility of a button to access the page or use the global connections to open the screen when the input is true.

Sorry once again,
Ash

Ok ash thanks for your help , i have just done it as a visual on the buttons which works fine , I'm sure you will get me out of trouble another time ha ha , thanks again stu