Simatic Im- Export Event Messages Protool

Machinery

Hi,
Is it possible to import the symolic list from a DB into an event message in protool. I've made a DB with all errors (about 540 txt). Now i want to copy these txt and import them into Protool event messages.

I know about the problem of sequence of numbers in PLC <-> Protool, i've solved that.

Thanks

Too bad you didnt ask me first.
I do it the other way around.
I create all the messages in Protool (you can use cut-and-paste), and then I export the texts (with Languages .. Export) to a .csv file.
TIP: Put the PLC address in the message text, that makes it easier to find later.
In STEP7 I export the symbol table to a .dif file.
With both the .csv file and the .dif file open at the same time, I create the symbolic adresses in the .dif file, then I copy all the message texts from the .csv file to the "comment" section of the .dif file in one go.
In the end there is a list of symbols that look like this:
Address  Symbol    Type   Symbol comment
M200.0 ALM_00_0 BOOL ALM_00_0 -Q10 24 VDC internal in panel.
M200.1 ALM_00_1 BOOL ALM_00_1 -Q11 24 VDC for interface signals.
M200.2 ALM_00_2 BOOL ALM_00_2 -K01 Emergency stop relay.

It should be possible to do it the other way around, but I have found this to be the easiest.

edit: I see that you use a DB for the messages, but that makes it a lot more difficult to edit the symbolic comments. Thats why I use Merkers for this purpose.

Last edited: