Running 10.0.0
Downloaded EDS files from Rockwell for
1747-SDN 9.1

Opened a per-configured Devicenet file
1747-SDN is not registered for Revision 6.002
Can not seem to locate an earlier EDS file
Is it possible Devicenet Program needs higher revision
In the 1747-SDN tree it shows Rev2 - Rev9

If your earlier project has a version 6.002 scanner module in it, you need the version 6.002 scanner module's EDS file so that RSNetworx can open the project and examine the scanlist and mapping information in it.

I'm surprised that RSNetworx didn't include that by default, since the SLC scanners have been very popular over the years, but the symptoms you describe suggest it's not registered.

Go to the RA EDS download server:

http://www.rockwellautomation.com/global/support/networks/eds.page?

Select DeviceNet as the network type and type "1747" for the Bulletin/Catalog number, and you will get all the EDS files for all 1747 scanners, including the 1747-SDN version 6.002.

Be sure to download those to a location OTHER THAN the /RSCOMMON/EDS directory, and run the EDS Hardware Installation Tool to register them with Windows and RSNetworx.

Also: what version of RSLinx Classic are you running ?

When RSLinx Classic went from v2.x to v3.0, it changed some libraries that broke all the EDS functions of the existing RSNetworx software. If you install something that includes RSLinx Classic 3.x, you absolutely must upgrade your RSNetworx as well.

For most people this happened when they installed Studio 5000 v21, but you'll have to ask RA for the exact revisions that matter.

What the issue was

In later versions of Rslink the EDS file information is stored in a SQL like database where as in the earlier versions it was stored in the registry.
I updated the RSNetworks for Devicenet to a version that used the SQL EDS access and it fixed the issue.