DeviceNet issue

BeepBob

Hello all,

Just airing this out to see if I've missed any trouble shooting step.

This is for PLC5 DeviceNet Scanner.

My module is the AB 1790D-T8BV8B, I set it to address 20 using the wheel, reset it. I see it when I scan channel A. But it has a solid red light under the NET LED. I check the scanner and there is no error code flashing anything above 63. it only flash the number of the node that are not connected, 20 is one of it.

I scan all 4 channels, A,B,C, D and 20 is only on A.

Does indicates a wiring problem according to the manual. Is there anything else I can try ?

I can't measure resistance on the line as I have to power down the scanner at the PLC

The manual code says duplicate address, change to another address thats not used.

Network Status
Solid Red Module node number is a duplicate
of an existing node, or network
communication issues exist.
Change module node number to an unused
address, or verify network wiring is correct
and communication is stable.