Devicenet issue that causes all dnet cards in chassis to take a dump? (@Ken Roach)

mugged99

Hey ya'll and Ken if you're out there,

I've encountered one of the strangest dnet issues I've ever come across. I have a Rockwell estop box, connected to a rockwell safety block, connected to a dnet network. When I hit the estop, the other 4 or so dnet cards in the chassis to fail. We're talking corrupted scan lists, etc. Recovery involves power cycled the entire bad network; others recover just fine and scan lists are fine.

Ok, so finding that the estop box has a bad contact, that makes sense. But i'm still troubled for an explanation. All the dnet issues ive ever troubleshooted were at the very least isolated to that network albeit sometimes not to the particular device causing trouble. This is the first time I've seen a device on one network shaft other networks.

Any theories? Thanks.