SLC 5/03 transfer of comments

rayhovis

Lifetime Supporting Member
Can anyone tell me how to transfer the comments form one program to another in SLC 500, I have a program that has no annotation and I need the comments to help trouble shoot. I have a similar program with allot of the same comments that I could use but can't seem to get them to transfer? I tired opening up the program and uploading into the shell of the similar program but it wouldn't let me upload????

Or......another option

In RSLogix 500 open the project that you wish to add comments into. Then click Tools, Database, Native Import. Native Import allows you to take comments from one project and import it into another without having to go through the export process first.

The ASCII process requires exporting from the source program and then importing into the destination program.

You can then select the program that has your documentation and then which types of comments you want to import. Rung comments and Page Titles probably don't make sense unless the programs are exactly the same. But the Address Comments and Symbols might very well out out quite a bit.

OG

It won't let me upload

I tried to open a similar program the right hand side of left and right parts, but it won't let me upload into the different program, too many differences I assume.

I see, I misunderstood. You cannot upload into a similar file, it has to be into the same file, otherwise when you upload and create a new file it won't have any comments (as you've probably noticed). I would try Operaghost's suggestion.

Ok, I don't understand.......I told you in post #3 how to do this (after post #2 told you it could not be done. Widelto is a great contributor, but must not have known about this capability).

Why is this still an issue? Have you tried this?

OG

Last edited: