factorytalk me cleaning screen set up

stu

Hi guys
I have thought about a cleaning screen (so I can wipe the screen clean?) for a hmi pvp , I have thought that I could use a go to button to access the screen but what if I wanted to have a 3 sec loading bar to count down and then go back to the previous screen? Has anyone done this , thanks stu

I have done something similar, but its been awhile. Cleaning that is.. lol
Here is one of the ways you can do this...

Place a "Return" momentary button on the blank screen. Assign that button value to an XIC and have that XIC run a timer. The timer preset can be whatever you want. Use timer done bit to move a number corresponding to which display number you want to return to.
The display number gets wrote to "Remote Display Number" under Global Connections. If you want to confirm the screen change, assign an integer in your PLC to the "Replace Display Number" connection under Global Connections. This will allow your PLC to see what display is currently visible.

Once you confirm that you are back to your last screen, write a 0 to the "Remote Display Number" connection to give control back to the panelview from the PLC.

Might also want a watchdog timer in there, so if no one returns the screen back to normal, the plc just does it for them.

NOTE: For this to work, all of your screens must have unique display numbers.
NOTE #2: I would only suggest doing this method if there is no chance of someone needing emergency "right now" access to the main screen.

You may also be able to do it with a macro(s)? Using the system time and some math.

Last edited: