Milltronics Integrator (Weigh Scale) to Projector

KristienP

[Siemens] Milltronics WD600 and Milltronics BW500

A process engineer has asked to have his weigh scale data displayed on the wall, next to the equipment, via a projector.

I'm at a loss for options.. at least affordable options. Is there a simple way to display a 4-20ma signal without a PLC / HMI software and a PC? I'm sure there are small displays, but they want it to be a large display, so it can be seen from a distance.

They have FactoryTalk/AB throughout the plant. The first thing that comes to mind is getting a cheap PC, hooking a projector up to it, and using FT ViewPoint to access a single HMI display with the Weigh Scale data on it. But that's going to cost him a few thousand dollars.

The BW500 can also connect to the Dolphin Plus software, but that seems to be more a configuration tool than monitoring software. I haven't actually used it, so I'm not sure on its capabilities.

Run the 4-20mA signal to a large display:

faceplate_with_digit_size.jpg

PD_650_large_display_5inx14inx3in.jpg

The bottom one is 14" wide to give you some idea of size

gclshortt
Thanks for the suggestions, but it's not exactly what I'm looking for.

Their plant floor already has an assortment of AB PLCs (various skid packages) and nothing is networked together. We're working towards having everything connected, but it's going to take some time, and money. I don't want to add another stand-alone PLC if I can help it.

danw
Those just might work. It's simple and won't cost a bunch. I didn't realize you could get large ones.. thanks!

Last edited: