Sysmac Studio Question

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all. I have been trying to find information on a "Diff Up" instruction in Sysmac Studio. It appears to function as a RSL "one-shot". Is that an accurate observation? Thank you

You EVER try reading/studying the manual.

Manual is W502-E1-** NJ-series Instructions Reference Manual.
Go online to OMRON website and download.

Search for "differentiation" and you will find ALL you need on this subject.

A little effort on your part goes a LONG way before you start posting here.:sick:

You EVER try reading/studying the manual.

:

Okay, that's a little rude. I have the manual before me. I have read it and don't get it. So, I come here for a little further explanation. If my request disturbed you, why not just scroll past it? Just because you understand it from the book, doesn't mean everyone does.

OK.
For example when you enter a -||- ladder instruction and right click the mouse you can select Diff Up or Diff Down from the pull down menu. If Diff Up is selected there will be an UP arrow between -||-. This evaluates the instruction on a rising edge transition [OFF to ON]. Likewise if Diff Down is selected a down arrow is shown and the instruction is evaluated on a falling edge transition [ON to OFF].
These two function are also available for output coils which also add a SET or RESET selection.
Unlike other PLC's which frequently require assignment of additional boolean flags like OSR or OSF to achieve this, OMRON has this really neat feature.
Furthermore some instruction/functions can use either an @ prefix for upward differentiation or % prefix for downward differentiation.

"If upward differentiation (@) is specified as an instruction option, the execution condition is when the value of EN changes
from FALSE to TRUE. If downward differentiation (%) is specified as an instruction option, the execution condition is when the value of EN changes from TRUE to FALSE."

These mnemonics are also used by OMRON in their standard PLC's.

A joy to use.

Hope this helps. Did not mean to be rude.

I do understand where B N B is coming from - yes - Omron is pretty easy. I am not a fan of Sysmac Studio mind you - too much IEC ****. I am a huge fan of CX-One though - easy to use - saves me heaps of time when programming = time saved or lost. Make money or break square/lose money. There are so many things in the Omron suites that save time it is not funny. Also a lot of very useful functions that others do not provide.

I do understand where B N B is coming from - yes - Omron is pretty easy. I am not a fan of Sysmac Studio mind you - too much IEC ****. I am a huge fan of CX-One though - easy to use - saves me heaps of time when programming = time saved or lost. Make money or break square/lose money. There are so many things in the Omron suites that save time it is not funny. Also a lot of very useful functions that others do not provide.

Sysmac Studio and the NJ Automation has its place especially for demanding multi-axis servo applications and IMHO is a top of the line multi-featured application.

IEC 61131 is here to stay, so just get used to it!

Having used CX-One for 10+ years the learning curve for Sysmac Studio is pretty steep but there are a lot of helpful YouTube videos.

Unfortunately yes B N B - and in some stupid ways as well. I was just reading a specification where all programming had to be in FB and ST was allowed in the FBs - SFC was also acceptable. How stupid it is to have to write an FB for a couple of inputs and an output! That sort of nonsense I do not understand at all.
I do not get into high end multi-axis stuff so would not know about that.
I guess one of my pet peeves is auto allocation - I like to know where in memory all my stuff is as I generally program by I/O numbers - have a very good memory for them and it is quick.
One day I guess I will have to bite the bullet!

OK.
For example when you enter a -||- ladder instruction and right click the mouse you can select Diff Up or Diff Down from the pull down menu. If Diff Up is selected there will be an UP arrow between -||-. This evaluates the instruction on a rising edge transition [OFF to ON]. Likewise if Diff Down is selected a down arrow is shown and the instruction is evaluated on a falling edge transition [ON to OFF].
These two function are also available for output coils which also add a SET or RESET selection.
Unlike other PLC's which frequently require assignment of additional boolean flags like OSR or OSF to achieve this, OMRON has this really neat feature.
Furthermore some instruction/functions can use either an @ prefix for upward differentiation or % prefix for downward differentiation.

"If upward differentiation (@) is specified as an instruction option, the execution condition is when the value of EN changes
from FALSE to TRUE. If downward differentiation (%) is specified as an instruction option, the execution condition is when the value of EN changes from TRUE to FALSE."

These mnemonics are also used by OMRON in their standard PLC's.

A joy to use.

Hope this helps. Did not mean to be rude.

Thank you for the information. Yes, that does make it easier to understand. (y)