Command over Ethernet/IP (Sysmac Studio and Automation direct GS20)

Manthan

Hi,

I have been trying to run drive via Sysmac studio. I can ping the drive. I can see the logic bits going on/off as per command. But, drive is not executing operations. On the keypad, FWD/STOP indicators are ON.

All the parameters look ok on the drive as well as on the PLC connection side. But drive doesn’t want to go in the Run mode.

Does anyone encountered this kind of issue in the past? If so, let me know how did you resolve that.

Thanks

If you aren't using the safety torque option, check both STO1 and STO2 are wired to +24vdc.
Parameters:
P00.21 and P00.31 set to 5 (comm card)
P00.20 and P00.30 set to 8 ( comm card)
P09.74 set to 1 (ethetnet ip)

Last edited:
Have you checked these parameters?
P00.21 and P00.31 set to 5 (comm card)
P00.20 and P00.30 set to 8 ( comm card)
P09.74 set to 1 (ethetnet ip)

Yes, only after that comm card would have ip address. And I am also able to ping it. Even in stanca drive is showing online. It just that doesn’t want to run even with run fwd command.

Do you have a snip of your code? You need to write to bit 1 in control word 0. Try also writing to bit 4 in control word 0 at the same time. Is the speed being sent to control word 1 being displayed on the VFD? (All in 0 based numbering BTW).

For instance 100(Command), I can see bit 0.1 and bit 0.4 going on when I move word 18 in it. I tried moving individual bits as well as the whole WORD. That was for RUN FWD.
I did the same for RUN REV. But same result. No operation performed by VFD.

Same with instance 101 (Monitor), if I set VFD parameters (from keypad control to controlled over Eip), I see bit 1.8 and 1.10 coming ON. Which means VFD is giving signal back to PLC. And goes OFF when I change it back to Keypad.

If I run VFD through Keypad, on PLC side I can see Bit 1.0, 1.1 (for RUN), Bit 1.12(VFD running) turning ON.

Attachments

• IMG_0845.png
    IMG_0845.png
    207.2 KB · Views: 4
On VFD side I didn’t check. But in the display instance on PLC side (commanded freq and Output freq both stay 0).

Are you trying to command speed from the PLC or using the Keypad speed when in REM?
If from PLC, you'll need to write a speed (x100) into control word 1. This should display on the VFD when in REM even if not running.

Yes, I am sending data (command freq) from PLC to VFD over to Word 1. I send 6000 (60Hz). But on VFD it display 00.00 Hz.