Micrologix 1400 series A Control Files

deathbysnusnu

Hi, fellas

In this simple program the PLC sends a command to a device. The PLC waits 500 ms for a response. In case the response does not come in this time interval, it waits again for an extra 500 ms. I have yet do write the logic for what happens when the response never comes (suggestions accepted, although this is not my main concern right now).

If the response comes, the PLC uses an ARL instruction to save the ASCII string that was received.

I have 2 questions:

1) Is my program absolutely flawed? What are my obvious mistakes? Any criticism is welcome.

2) Several times in the program I depend on the values of control files as inputs. My problem is that these control files values are never reset, so if I depend on a OFF/ON transition from them to make something happen a second time around, it won't. For example:

DONE bit of AWA
DONE bit of TON

What is the best way to reset the values of control files? Or should I be doing this some other way?

Thank you very much

Attached is the zip file of the program and the two pictures showing the full ladder logic.

ASCII_test_1.jpg ASCII_test_2.jpg

Attachments

• ASCII Test.zip
    73.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited: