Reg1 input

boudjul

Hi, at work we use kinetix 6000 with 2095 bmp5-s and I'm trying to use the Registration inputs 1 and 2, I have the hardware up to it on point with a nice 24v coming in but for some reason I wont see it being triggered in RSLogix. do I have to armed those input? how can I tell if my problem is hardware or software at this point? as far as logic goes I just jog the arm in one direction until my sensor picks it up

The tag for your axis will have status inputs:

Servo_Axis.Registration1InputStatus
Servo_Axis.Registration2InputStatus

These will show you if the drive is seeing the actual inputs(so use this to confirm the hardware works). You can use these tags in your program like a normal I/O input.

However, the real power of these registration inputs comes when you use them a high speed registration inputs. For that, you will need to Arm (MAR command) the registration input. After being armed, the drive will capture the exact servo position/time at the time the input is triggered/fired. For that you would then use the tags:

Servo_Axis.Registration1Position or
Servo_Axis.Registration1Time

Servo_Axis.Registration2Position or
Servo_Axis.Registration2Time

So even if it is not armed with a MAR command I should be able to see my input in the tags? I have servo_axis.Reg1InputStatus and .Reg2 in my tag list but they don't seem to change when I send 24v to trigger them. and yes my goal is to use the fast registration to stop the arm use its current position but right now I was wondering if my code was the problem or if the input wasn't functioning

I verified I had a nice signal to trigger reg1 and reg2 from an hardware standpoint, can the inputs be dead?, is there anything else I could do before trying switching to the backup drive?