SICK Idm26xxx handheld barcode scanner

chud

Does anyone have experience with setting up this device?
I know the setup can just be done via the barcodes in the manuals. But for the life of me i cant get it to communicate to windows applications. First of I install the usb windows driver from their website (On 4 different laptops running 3 different operating systems). On windows 7 windows doesnt allow the driver to be installed because its not digitally signed. Worked around this and finally get the driver installed only for windows not to recognize the device. This is on all 4 pc's.
Still a load of other questions regarding the gateway (cmf400-301) but lets start with the scanner 1st.

Thanks in advance for any help

I am getting sick of it, lol. Seriously though, SICK makes very good fix mount barcode scanner and such, but I would recommend you to buy Honeywell 1910IER-3USB Granit, it's for industrial usage, $400 range. Plug and play.