Siemens S5 to A-B Control Logix Conversions

jdcochran

Does a utility exist to accomplish the subject subject?

Is it a brute-force affair?

I've got a client with a 10+ yr-old S5 utility who wants to upgrade to Control Logix, yet has no functional spec. The existing S5 code is uncommented. I/O is adequately documented, but I'm leery about the invisible and locked Function Blocks.

Thanks in Advance,

John

There exists no such tool.
Brute force is not a good idea either. There will be mistakes and things that just cannot be translated.

The solution is to understand what the program should do, not what it does. Understand the machine/proces/plant and then write a functional description. Then make a completely new ControlLogix program based on the description.

If you must write some ControlLogix code based on the old S5 code, then try to switch it to LAD display (aka KOP). It will help a little.