How to connect Mitsubishi PLC Rs422 to another Rs485 communication device

Huybm

Hi everybody!
Im meet a big problem that my PLC is FX1n 24Mr and he has an Rs422 Com port, and the HMI is Delta TP04P series has Rs485 2w communication port.
I try to connect TX+ with Rx+ in 8 pin PLC them call them are +
Tx- with Rx- then call them are - and next step i connect + with +, - with - on HMI but nothing show it is right, HMI alarm Error Com: 485 still display.
Can i connect directly them, and if the answer is yes that how to do that.
Thanks very much.

Probably not directly. Typically RS422 is a full duplex communications process and RS485 is half duplex. So the problem you are having is that RS422 full duplex transmits on one pair of wires and receives on the other pair where RS485 transmits and receives on the same pair of wires. What you need is a RS422 to RS485 converter however you will also need to confirm that the PLC, even though it’s using RS422, will communicate via half duplex.

Thank for reply. I wonder that my old object, i could connect plc fx2n 32mr with hmi weintek MT6070ip throught rs422 on plc and rs485 of hmi. It had 4w connecttion and it work well.
I bought a fx1n 485 bd and connected that delta hmi. So problem was solve.
Thanks you.