FTView Station "Unable to Load the Application"

m_ryzebol

I have a Pheonix Contact Industrial PC running FactoryTalk View ME Station V6.10.00.9(CPR 9 SR 4).

This terminal worked fine at the Machine builder. I was not around at Power down so I do not know what happened. It is now at the Customers facility and will not open any mer. All the other HMIs on this machine (same network) are working properly.

Running FT Diagnostics Viewer I see that upon power up, my first error is Failed to load FaltoryTalk Directory schema for scope "$Local", The next bunch of errors seem to stem from the first.

Attached is a screenshot of the Diagnostics Viewer.

I have tried creating a new runtime, but i am unable to open anything on this terminal. Not even archived files that I know for a fact used to work.

I have the install disks for FactoryTalk View in the panel. Is there anything else I should try before uninstall/reinstall?

It seems like something became corrupt in the powerdown/shipping process. I have other terminals that work, would I be able to export the local directory from one of them and import onto this one? I do not know a lot about FT directories etc. or what exactly they do.

Thanks,

Mike

FT Diagnostics Viewer.jpg

Mike,
Just had the same problem here it was on a Win XP machine with System Endpoint protection installed. It is no longer supported though so it was killing everything FactoryTalk. Uninstalled it and had to reset the login and got everything to work.

Josh

This terminal is Windows 7. It does not appear to have Endpoint Protection installed, the only software on this is FactoryTalk and Microsoft SQL Server.

Is there any way to check for sure that there is no Endpoint protection?

I have Windows Firewall turned off completely (it is ON on the other terminals, but thought I would try shut it off completely in case there was a missing exception etc.)

Here is the latest...

I opened FactoryTalk Administration Console and it gave me the error "Security cannot run on this computer because the FactoryTalk Local Directory has not been configured.

So, I tried running FactoryTalk Directory Configuration. Select Configure Local Directory, and get the Error "Exception from HRESULT: 0x8004206A", Hit ok and then it shows that it failed at the step "Configure an administrator account and gives the same error.

Screenshot of the Directory Configuration error is attached.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Directory Configuration.PNG

Mike,
Same thing I was seeing. System EndPoint would look like a green shield in the task bar divided into quarters. This should not cause you a problem because you are on Win7. I was on WinXP and it is no longer supported. Try logging back into FactoryTalk. You should have the option in the Rockwell Automation folder sorry not at work to look at this exactly.

Josh

Ok I was able to log into the Network Directory, but when I try to log into the Local Directory, it says "local directory not configured..."

Configuration wizard still errors out in the same way as before

Issue has been solved!

For anyone else with a similar problem, here is a very handy technote...

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/577717/page/1

Basically, you download and run a batch file. The batch file that automatically repair the FactoryTalk Directory. I bet this batch file will solve a lot of other errors related to the FT Directories as well.

I am keeping this file handy for future use!

Thanks all!!

Mike

Issue has been solved!

For anyone else with a similar problem, here is a very handy technote...

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/577717/page/1

Basically, you download and run a batch file. The batch file that automatically repair the FactoryTalk Directory. I bet this batch file will solve a lot of other errors related to the FT Directories as well.

I am keeping this file handy for future use!

Thanks all!!

Mike
Would you be able to post the batch file somewhere? I have the same problem but no access to Rockwell knowledgebase. did not pay the subscription this year.