Standard Libary FC's in Simatic Software

RPax

Hi, appreciate any help on this or suggesting an existing thread that may exist on the topic. I am just trying to get to know more about the Functions that are availanble to use in Siemens S7 Software.

In the Standard Libary there's a S5-S7 Converting block section, IEC Function blocks and TI-S7 Converting blocks section which stores all the pre-programmed FC's. Are these FC's only specific for converting from old software i.e S5 to the new S7 etc. or for the old Siemens hardware.

I want to program a CPU 300 but would like to use functions like Deco, Enco, Word Shifts etc which are all in FC formats. Can they all be used?. For S5-S7 Converting block and TI-S7 Converting blocks the fc's overlap from 80 to 106. How do I know which ones that are relevant when programming an S7-300?. Just unsure why there classified into these sub headings. Anyway appreciate any feedback. Thanks

These FCs are supposed to ease the transition from the older PLCs. There is no requirement to use them with converted programs. You are free to use them in new programs. Some of these library blocks are very useful.

If any FB or FC is assigned a block number that is allready in use, you simply copy the block to another unused FB or FC number.

Hello RPAx!

The built in librarys in S7 like IEC Function blocks are "standard" functions that can make your life as a programmer easier... They are meant to be used on the S7 cpu's.
If you need any help about it you can press F1 when any of your functions is highlighted, the S7 help is actually good on this part.

The library is there just as a source of functions, you just put the one's you need inside your program. So if you need FC15 from S5-S7 section and FC16 from the TI-S7 section, just drag these from the library view into you program editor and it will be automatically copied to your project.

Reagards
Borte