S7 M bit

Ed_FA

Hi all,

This is my situation:
I converted an S5 program to S7.
Which converted without problems except for CPU to CPU communication which is not necessary anymore. Now in the S5 program it uses indirect addressing of DB's which causes confusion and that some part switch between DB's all the time.

But the main problem/confusing situation is this:
I make a marker true in one location say m44.4.
Here it remains solid.
Then in another part of the program I have an Issue that DB, AR1 and STATUS… (STL monitoring) change all the time. But shouldn't effect my status.
In this part I use the same marker m44.4, but here it switches between on and off in the same rate as the STL monitoring statuses.

Now nothing else in the program is affecting m44.4 not by mw nor mb or anything else.
If I change m44.4 into a different range it still changes.

I was wondering if anyone could help me with this situation or at least explain me how a M bit can change at 1 place while it remains true at another place because I am not getting it.

Ed

Situation 1.jpg Situation 2.jpg

Hi all,

This is my situation:
I converted an S5 program to S7.
Which converted without problems except for CPU to CPU communication which is not necessary anymore. Now in the S5 program it uses indirect addressing of DB's which causes confusion and that some part switch between DB's all the time.

But the main problem/confusing situation is this:
I make a marker true in one location say m44.4.
Here it remains solid.
Then in another part of the program I have an Issue that DB, AR1 and STATUS… (STL monitoring) change all the time. But shouldn't effect my status.
In this part I use the same marker m44.4, but here it switches between on and off in the same rate as the STL monitoring statuses.

Now nothing else in the program is affecting m44.4 not by mw nor mb or anything else.
If I change m44.4 into a different range it still changes.

I was wondering if anyone could help me with this situation or at least explain me how a M bit can change at 1 place while it remains true at another place because I am not getting it.

Ed
Is it the RLO that you see changing or the STA ?
Check this thread http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=24404

The SS you post are to small for me to see.

When you right click the tag you are monitoring, and hit GO TO -> LOCATION.
You will get a list of all places that tag is used. Now see if the tag is being overwritten anywhere between you situation 1 and 2.

re

The bit is not being overwritten. It is just made true at 1 location. The rest is either A or AN.
RLO STA AR1 DB1 and STATUS are changing really quickly.
If i set the AR1 and DB1 to one thing in the beginning the rest still changes.

No other M words or bytes interfere with the M bit address.
I tried changing the range to for example m999.0 and still does the same.

Create a library and then copy the blocks from your project to the library. Archive the library and then post as an attachment.