1756-CFM Output Configuration

endangs

Dear All,

I have problem with configuring the 1756-CFM in RSLogix5000 Version 19, this module is used to monitor Engine Speed thru the Magnetic Pickup which produce frequency as an input signal.
The frequency monitoring was working well, but the problem was on the Discrete Output that we assigned as an over speed alarm output.
We set over speed alarm by setting the "Highest Allowed Frequency" as over speed set point, and when we tested by applying frequency greater than the set point, the Over Speed Alarm bit was set (1) but the the Output State bit was remain reset (0) and the Discrete Output did not energized.
FYI, we have configured the OutputSetup[0].TriggerOn to 1, and enable the alarm by set the O.Total[0].Overspeed to 1
Has anyone have the similar problem ? and how to solve it ? (to get the Discrete Output energize when Overspeed alarm set)

Thank's in advance

We have follow output installation as on page 72 of the manual
We've set the configuration:
- Set "C.OutputSetup[0].TriggerOn = 1" (by frequency)
- Set "O.Total[0].Overspeed = 1" (Overspeed alaram enabled)
The Overspeed Alarm was ON when applied frequency greater than HighestAllowedFreq, but, the channel Output was remain de-energized --> (I.Output0State = 0).
Anything else that we should do to make the Output energized ?
Thank's for your valuable support.

Endangs

WAG...I haven't used that card but is your output being scanned?
Can you post you .ACD file, zipped first?

We have follow output installation as on page 72 of the manual
We've set the configuration:
- Set "C.OutputSetup[0].TriggerOn = 1" (by frequency)
- Set "O.Total[0].Overspeed = 1" (Overspeed alaram enabled)
The Overspeed Alarm was ON when applied frequency greater than HighestAllowedFreq, but, the channel Output was remain de-energized --> (I.Output0State = 0).
Anything else that we should do to make the Output energized ?
Thank's for your valuable support.

Endangs
From page 87 of the previously mentioned manual:

After you have changed the configuration data for an CFM module, the change does not actually take affect until you download the new program which contains that information. This downloads the entire program to the controller overwriting any existing programs.
Are you going online and setting the bits? You need to download the application.

We've done downloading the ControlLogix with the new Configured ACD file (after set the CFM Output configuration), but still didn't work.
Give up.. !